In response to COVID-19 we have suspended offering in-person classes and will be offering online classes instead. Bookmark this page as we update it with new online classes as they become available. We thank you for your patience and our hope is that these free, online classes can offer you support during this pandemic.
To stay up-to-date with our current offerings, join our e-news mailing list.
Pre-registration is required for all online classes. Register online by clicking on the title.
Live, Interactive Online Classes: Managing Your Money During Uncertain Financial Times
Credit: How to Build and Repair Your Credit Score - During this interactive class, you will find out what credit is and why it’s important, gain understanding about what affects your credit score, and learn of methods to build and repair your credit score. We will have handouts and use a whiteboard during this interactive class while also leaving plenty of time for questions. Bring a note pad to class because there will be plenty of good nuggets to take away! Sign up now.
- Wednesday, April 21 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Friday, June 4 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Debt Payment During Uncertain Times - Current financial uncertainty calls for a new approach to managing money and debts. In this 1.5 hour interactive class, we’ll discuss how to use different debt repayment strategies when money is tight. We’ll look at hardship options for different types of debt (such as how to handle your car loan versus your credit card debt) and how to prioritize which debts to pay. During this live class, you’ll have a chance to ask follow-up questions and get general guidance to help you make decisions about what to do next with your debt. Sign up now.
- Thursday, May 6 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Thursday, June 17 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
What to do When Your Income Doesn’t Cover Expenses - When we find ourselves in the difficult financial situation where we don’t have enough income to cover our expenses, it’s important to come up with a plan to make sure that our basic needs, such as food, shelter, utilities, transportation and medicine are covered. During this 1.5 hour live, interactive online class we'll explore the six steps to take when your expenses become unaffordable. We’ll also introduce you to a budgeting tool you can use to create a personalized two-month emergency cash flow plan to make sure that you have the money on hand to pay your expenses and bills when they are due. Sign up now.
- Thursday, May 20 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Money Visioning & Goal Setting - Feeling stuck in your money life? Ready to start thinking about what you want to be different? In this class, you will get a clear picture of your money goals through an interactive visioning exercise. Then, you’ll learn how to create a realistic savings goal and plan the steps needed to reach it! You will leave this class with motivation and tools to start making your best money life a reality. This class is all about participation so come prepared with paper, pen (and maybe even crayons and markers if you have them) to jump start your learning. Sign up now.
- Thursday, May 27 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Thursday, June 10 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Women's Financial Empowerment Center (WFEC) Classes
Emotions & Spending - Come to this class prepared to share with the other women in the group in our online Zoom room. This class is very interactive and is meant to be a discussion about the powerful role of emotion in our use of money, and provide tools for understanding those connections and working with the influential pull our emotions have on our spending patterns. In this live and interactive class, we will:
- Discuss how emotions are connected to our spending decisions;
- Explore ways advertising and marketing uses emotions to sell;
- Participate in self screening for “compulsive” or “problem” spending;
- Learn basic strategies to help protect yourself from impulse or overspending spending; and
- Discuss additional resources. Sign up now.
- Friday, April 30 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
How to Buy a Car - During this live and interactive online class, taught by State Farm representative Tabatha Hamlin, you will learn everything you need to know about how to buy a car. Knowledge is power! Sign up now.
- Wednesday, May 5 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Friday, May 14 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
Planning for Your Financial Future - During this live and interactive online class, led by Starks Financial Group, you will learn the basic vocabulary and concepts that will help you in taking the plunge into smart financial investing. Sign up now.
- Thursday, June 10 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Thursday, June 24 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Homebuyer Education Online Course - Through eHome America (self-paced online class)
- Start and stop the course as needed for your schedule.
- You will learn about the roles that the realtor, lender, inspector, and closing attorney play but you will not hear from local professionals.
- Takes an average of 8 hours to complete but it varies widely.
- Available online anytime.
- $100 per household
Thanks to our 2021 Adult Financial Education Program Sponsor