NOW HIRING! 2 Client Service Representative Positions - Accepting Applications 4/14/21 - 5/10/21
Who is OnTrack WNC Financial Education & Counseling?
OnTrack WNC helps people achieve their money and housing goals so they can live their lives according to their values. We’ve been around for 48 years but are committed to innovation. Our values include a supportive working environment, ongoing quality improvement, respect for our clients’ wisdom, and meaningful diversity and inclusion. We have 14 employees.
What is the position?
Full-time (40 hours per week) Client Service Representative (CSR).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire two CSRs. We are seeking candidates with the cultural competency and experience needed to effectively welcome African Americans and people of color to our services. Fluent Spanish speakers will be given special consideration.
You will be trained on all aspects of the job. You will need the aptitude to learn both the technical aspects of the job (e.g., client screening, client management system, scheduling and intake software) as well as the ability to communicate clearly and compassionately with clients and coworkers. Attention to detail and an organized work style are also a must.
As a Client Service Representative, what type of work will you be doing?
Working with a teammate, you will facilitate our client intake and scheduling process by working with our online software and by responding to phone, email, and in-person inquiries. You will listen to client needs and respond by booking them for the appropriate one-on-one counseling appointment and/or group education class. The CSR sets client expectations and ensures clients provide the information needed to ensure a successful financial counseling appointment. Because of the highly detailed and nuanced nature of our services, the CSR implements a wide array of screening and client support processes that serve as the foundation for the agency’s overall service delivery.
Why work at OnTrack WNC?
You will learn a lot and grow professionally while working with people who care about their jobs and do them well. The starting salary is $15.80 per hour plus healthcare (after three months) and 401(k) retirement (after one year).
The Client Service Representative must have excellent customer service skills and present our services with professionalism and kindness. The client’s overall experience is shaped during their first encounter with the agency. These first impressions occur online, by email, by phone, or in person.
The CSR ensures quality service by listening to clients, adhering to agency policies and procedures, assisting with data collection and reporting, and fostering continuous process improvements. Candidate must possess ability to solve problems as well as manage interruptions and uneven workflow. Teamwork is integral to the success of the Client Service team; candidate must be able to communicate within a team environment in a personable and friendly manner, exhibit flexibility and desire to create outcomes best for the agency, coworkers, and clients.
Must be organized and efficient. Must dress neatly and present in a warm, caring manner.
Our staff is temporarily working remotely (with agency technology) due to COVID. If working from home is a hardship, accommodations can be made.
The Client Service Representative performs the following duties on a regular basis:
1. Manage client intake by responding to inquiries and directing clients to the appropriate services
- Have strong understanding of all areas of OnTrack WNC and be able to share this information with clients and potential clients by following detailed screening and booking procedures.
- Facilitate clients’ path through the online screening, intake, and scheduling process. For clients who are not able to navigate our online system, provide one-on-one support through a modified path (e.g., phone and mail).
- Answer phone calls, return voicemails, and respond to emails about our services and a variety of other personal finance-related topics.
- Welcome persons walking in and address their needs or refer them to the appropriate resource.
2. General Administrative Tasks: Pull credit reports, handle mail, support colleagues.
- Pull and provide credit reports for clients via our online system.
- Organize office materials and supplies.
- Post outgoing mail and process incoming mail.
- Scan client documents.
- Assist staff with special events and mailings.
- Provide administrative support to staff members as needed.
- Input and track data.
3. Participate as an active and engaged member of the staff:
- Attend all Client Service Team meetings and staff meetings, actively participate, and provide thoughtful input.
- Participate in group and independent projects as needed to further team or agency objectives.
- Respect and contribute to OnTrack’s commitment to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Think broadly and creatively about how we can do what we do better.
4. Take ownership of work and communication:
- Learn procedures precisely and incorporate any updates into your work.
- Share and accept ideas and feedback.
- Respectfully engage in open and honest communication with coworkers and supervisor.
- Provide timely and thoughtful responses to emails.
- Take full ownership of your work and ask for help when needed.
- Maintain an organized work system to effectively manage job responsibilities.
Cover Letter and Resume: Cover letter must accompany the resume. In your cover letter:
- Help us make the connection between what you have done and what we’re looking for.
- List aspects of previous work, school, or volunteer experience that will help you succeed in this job.
- Share about your cultural competency and/or experience within the local African American community, if applicable.
- Tell us why you are interested in the job.
Subject line: “Client Service Representative – Your Last Name”. No phone or drop‐in inquiries please.
Submission: Email your cover letter and resume to Emily Matthews at email@example.com.
Deadline: Monday, May 10 at 8:00AM. Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received and until the position is filled.