OnTrack WNC is Hiring!
Client Service Representative Position Open
Who is OnTrack WNC Financial Education & Counseling?
OnTrack WNC helps people achieve their money and housing goals so they can live their lives according to their values. We have been around for 48 years with a commitment to innovation. Our values include a supportive working environment, ongoing quality improvement, respect for our clients’ wisdom, and meaningful diversity and inclusion. We have 14 employees.
What is the position?
Full-time (40 hours per week) Client Service Representative (CSR). You will work with another CSR to co-manage the workload.
Due to the COVID pandemic, the position is currently remote with agency technology provided and occasional trips to the office necessary. If working remotely is a difficulty, alternate arrangements can be made. In the future, the position will be based out of the OnTrack WNC office in Asheville, NC.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking candidates with the cultural competency and experience needed to effectively welcome all clients, particularly communities of color, to our services. Fluent Spanish speakers will be given special consideration and additional compensation (see below).
You will be trained on all aspects of the job. You will need the aptitude to learn both the technical aspects of the job (e.g., client screening, client management system, scheduling, and intake software) as well as the ability to communicate clearly and compassionately with clients and coworkers. Attention to detail and an organized work style are also a must.
As a Client Service Representative, what type of work will you be doing?
Working with a teammate, you will facilitate our client intake and scheduling process by working with our online software as well as responding to phone, email, and in-person inquiries. You will listen to client needs and respond by booking them for the appropriate one-on-one counseling appointment and/or group education class. The CSR sets client expectations and ensures that clients provide the information needed to ensure a successful financial counseling appointment. The CSR implements a wide array of detailed screening and client support processes that serve as the foundation for the agency’s overall service delivery.
Why work at OnTrack WNC?
You will be supported, learn a lot, and grow professionally while working with people who care about their jobs and serving our community. The starting pay rate is $32,864/year ($15.80/hour). Additionally, OnTrack provides significant employee benefits: After 90 days, you will be eligible for employer-paid medical, life, and disability insurance ($7,013/year estimated value based on the average of current employee premiums). After one year, Ontrack WNC will contribute to a 401(k) retirement plan ($1710/year, currently 5% of annual salary). The entire estimated compensation package after insurance and 401(k) benefits kick in is $41,520/year ($19.96/hour) (see chart below)
|Insurance (Estimated)||$7,013||$3.37||90 days|
Fluent Spanish speakers will receive an additional $1,331 ($0.64/hour) per year in compensation for a total estimated annual compensation package of $42,918 ($20.63/hour).
OnTrack WNC provides 10 paid holidays/year and you will be eligible for 17 days of paid time off (PTO) in the first year.
The Client Service Representative must have excellent customer service skills and present our services with professionalism and kindness. The client’s overall experience is shaped during their first encounter with the agency. These first impressions occur online, by email, by phone, or in person.
The CSR ensures quality service by listening to clients, adhering to agency procedures, assisting with data collection and reporting, and fostering continuous process improvements. Candidate must possess ability to solve problems, as well as manage interruptions and uneven workflow. Teamwork is integral to the success of the Client Service team; candidate must be able to communicate within a team environment in a personable and friendly manner, exhibit flexibility, and desire to create outcomes best for the agency, coworkers, and clients. The employee supports clients to feel comfortable and must be organized and efficient in time/work management.
The Client Service Representative performs the following duties on a regular basis:
1. Manage client intake by responding to inquiries and directing clients to the appropriate services:
- Have a strong understanding of all areas of OnTrack WNC and be able to share this information with clients and potential clients by following detailed screening and booking procedures. Facilitate clients’ path through the online screening, intake, and scheduling process.
- For clients who are unable to navigate our online system, provide one-on-one support through a modified path (e.g., phone and mail).
- Answer phone calls, return voicemails, and respond to emails about our services and a variety of other personal finance-related topics in a timely manner.
- Welcome persons walking in and address their needs or refer them to the appropriate resource.
2. General Administrative Tasks: Pull credit reports, handle mail, support colleagues:
- Pull and provide credit reports for clients via our online system.
- Organize office materials and supplies.
- Post outgoing mail and process incoming mail.
- Scan client documents.
- Assist staff with special events and mailings.
- Provide administrative support to other employees as needed.
- Input and track data.
3. Participate as an active and engaged member of the staff:
- Attend all Client Service Team meetings and staff meetings, actively participate, and provide thoughtful input.
- Participate in group and independent projects as needed to further team or agency objectives.
- Respect and contribute to OnTrack WNC’s commitment to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Think broadly and creatively about how we can do what we do better!
4. Take ownership of work and communication:
- Learn procedures with precision and incorporate any updates into your work.
- Share and accept ideas and feedback.
- Respectfully engage in open and honest communication with coworkers and supervisor.
- Provide timely and thoughtful responses to emails.
- Take full ownership of your work and ask for help when needed.
- Maintain an organized work system to effectively manage job responsibilities.
Out of concern for vulnerable populations whom we serve including those who are unable to vaccinate due to health reasons and based on feedback from our staff, OnTrack WNC strongly encourages employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before interacting with clients or coworkers. Once fully vaccinated, we offer our staff the choice between one additional day of PTO or $100.
We center equity in our hiring process.
OnTrack WNC strives to foster leadership and raise the voices of historically marginalized people, including, but not limited to, Black People and other People of Color, Indigenous and Native Peoples, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, Disabled People, immigrants, and low-income individuals. We strongly encourage candidates of these, or other, diverse backgrounds to apply.
Cover Letter and Resume: Cover letter must accompany the resume. In your cover letter:
- Help us make the connection between what you have done and what we are looking for.
- List aspects of previous work, school, or volunteer experience that will help you succeed in this job.
- Tell us about your commitment to communities of color, racial equity, and/or experience within the Black community in North Carolina.
- Tell us why you are interested in the job.
Subject line: “Client Service Representative – Your Last Name”. No phone or drop‐in inquiries please.
Submission: Email your cover letter and resume to Emily Matthews at email@example.com.
Deadline: Monday, October 4th at 8:00 AM. However, interviews will be scheduled as applications are received and until the position is filled.