Client Service Representative
What is the position?
The position is a full time (40 hours per week) Client Service Representative (CSR) based out of Asheville, NC. Physical presence in the office is required for an average of three days per week. You will be provided with technology (laptop, etc.) to facilitate working from home. However, working from home is not required. You will work with another CSR to co-manage the workload. More details are in the job description below.
Who is OnTrack WNC Financial Education & Counseling?
OnTrack WNC helps people achieve their money and housing goals so they can live their lives according to their values. We have been around for 49 years with a commitment to innovation. Our values include a supportive working environment, ongoing growth and improvement, respect for our clients’ wisdom, and meaningful diversity and inclusion. We have 13 employees.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking applicants with the cultural understanding and experience needed to effectively welcome all clients, particularly communities of color, to our services. Fluent Spanish speakers will be given special consideration and additional compensation (see below).
You will be trained on all aspects of the job. You will need the capacity to learn both the technical aspects of the job (e.g., client screening, client management system, scheduling, and intake software) as well as the ability to communicate clearly and compassionately with clients and coworkers. Attention to detail and an organized work style are also a must.
What type of work will you be doing?
Working with a teammate, you will facilitate our client intake and scheduling process by working with our online software as well as responding to phone, email, and in-person inquiries. You will listen to client needs and respond by booking them for the appropriate one-on-one counseling appointment and/or group education class. You will set client expectations and ensure that clients supply the information needed for a successful financial counseling appointment. The CSR implements a wide array of detailed screening and client support processes that serve as the foundation for the agency’s overall service delivery.
Why work at OnTrack WNC?
You will be supported, learn a lot, and grow professionally while working with people who care about their jobs, their coworkers, and serving our community.
The starting pay rate is $36,754/year ($17.67/hour). Fluent Spanish speakers will receive an additional $1,331 ($0.64/hour) per year in compensation for a total of $38,095 ($18.31/hour)
Additionally, OnTrack provides significant employee benefits:
- Medical insurance (OnTrack WNC currently pays 95% of premium; employees pay $24/month)
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (after one year, OnTrack WNC contribute 5% of your annual pay)
- OnTrack WNC provides 10 paid holidays/year, and you will be eligible for 17 days of paid time off (PTO) in the first year. PTO will increase with length of employment.
As a Client Service Representative, you must have excellent customer service skills and present our services with professionalism and kindness. The client’s overall experience is shaped during their first encounter with the agency. These first impressions occur online, by email, by phone, or in person.
You will be responsible for ensuring quality service by listening to clients, adhering to agency procedures, collecting information, and fostering continuous process improvements. You must have the ability to solve problems, manage interruptions and uneven workflow, and draw boundaries by redirecting clients towards solutions we can offer. Teamwork is integral to the success of the Client Service team so you must be able to communicate within a team environment in a personable and friendly manner, exhibit flexibility, and desire to create outcomes best for the agency, coworkers, and clients. You must be organized and efficient in time/work management.
1. Manage client intake by responding to inquiries and directing clients to the appropriate services
- Have a strong understanding of all areas of OnTrack WNC and be able to share this information with clients and potential clients by following detailed screening and booking procedures.
- Facilitate clients’ path through the online screening, intake, and scheduling process. For clients who are unable to navigate our online system, provide one-on-one support through a modified path (e.g., phone and mail).
- Answer phone calls, return voicemails, and respond to emails about our services and a variety of personal finance-related topics in a timely manner.
- Welcome persons walking in and address their needs or refer them to the appropriate resource.
2. General Administrative Tasks: Pull credit reports, handle mail, support colleagues:
- Pull and provide credit reports for clients via our online system.
- Organize office materials and supplies.
- Post outgoing mail and process incoming mail.
- Scan client documents.
- Assist staff with special events and mailings.
- Provide administrative support to other employees as needed.
- Input and track data.
3. Participate as an active and engaged member of the staff:
- Attend Client Service Team meetings and staff meetings, actively participate, and provide thoughtful input.
- Participate in group and independent projects as needed to further team or agency objectives.
- Respect and contribute to OnTrack WNC’s commitment to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Think broadly and creatively about how we can do what we do better!
4. Take ownership of work and communication:
- Learn procedures and incorporate any updates into your work.
- Share and accept ideas and feedback.
- Respectfully engage in open and honest communication with coworkers and supervisor.
- Provide timely and thoughtful responses to emails.
- Take full ownership of your work and ask for help when needed.
- Work to remain organized, manage job responsibilities efficiently, and ask for help from coworkers or supervisors when needed.
Out of concern for vulnerable populations whom we serve including those who are unable to vaccinate due to health reasons and based on feedback from our staff, OnTrack WNC strongly encourages employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before interacting with clients or coworkers. Once fully vaccinated, we offer our staff a choice between one additional day of PTO or $100.
Equity in our hiring process is important to us.
OnTrack WNC strives to foster leadership and raise the voices of historically marginalized people, including, but not limited to, Black people and other people of color, Indigenous and Native peoples, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, disabled people, immigrants, and low-income people. We strongly encourage candidates of these, or other, diverse backgrounds to apply.
Cover Letter and Resume: Cover letter must accompany the resume. In your cover letter:
- Tell us how you heard about the position.
- Make the connection between your job experience and what we are looking for.
- Tell us about your commitment to communities of color, racial equity, and/or experience within the Black community in North Carolina.
- Tell us why you are interested in the job.
Subject line: “Client Service Representative – Your Last Name”.
Submission: Email your cover letter and resume to Emily Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone or drop-in inquiries please.
Deadline: Monday, November 21, 2022 at 8:00 AM. However, interviews will be scheduled as applications are received and until the position is filled.
We look forward to hearing from you!