Part-time, Temporary Client Service Representative
What is the position?
This position is the initial point of contact for clients interested in having their taxes prepared by OnTrack WNC’s IRS-trained tax preparers. The position is from approximately from January 3, 2023 to April 19, 2023. No knowledge of taxes is necessary.
The Tax Client Service Representative must exhibit exemplary customer service skills presenting our tax services with professionalism, friendliness, empathy, and kindness. This individual must meet professional standards in attitude, knowledge, and skills; however, it is not necessary to have a background in tax preparation.
Candidate must possess the ability to screen callers, navigate multiple computer programs efficiently and accurately, handle a high volume of inquiries, prioritize tasks, collaborate in a team and remote environment, organize work, possess personal initiative, and have the ability to work independently of others and follow detailed procedures.
Who is OnTrack WNC Financial Education & Counseling?
OnTrack WNC helps people achieve their money and housing goals so they can live their lives according to their values. We have been around for 49 years with a commitment to innovation. Our values include a supportive working environment, ongoing growth and improvement, respect for our clients’ wisdom, and meaningful diversity and inclusion. We have 13 employees.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking applicants with the cultural understanding and experience needed to effectively welcome all clients, particularly communities of color, to our services. Fluent Spanish speakers will be given special consideration and additional compensation (see below).
You will be trained on all aspects of the job. You will need the capacity to learn both the technical aspects of the job (e.g., client screening, client management system, scheduling, and intake software) as well as the ability to communicate clearly and compassionately with clients and coworkers. Attention to detail and an organized work style are also a must.
Why work at OnTrack WNC?
You will be supported, learn a lot, and grow professionally while working with people who care about their jobs, their coworkers, and serving our community.
Salary: $17.67 per hour (Fluent Spanish speakers will receive an additional $0.64 per hour)
Hours: 15-25 hours per week averaging 20 hours per week
Timeframe: January 3, 2023 to April 19, 2023
- Serve as initial point of contact and primary scheduler for all incoming tax inquiries (online and on the phone) projecting a caring, professional, and friendly image welcoming them to our agency.
- Respond to a high volume of incoming inquiries and screen clients for tax program eligibility either from our website or on the phone.
- Manage multiple computer applications to input client information, schedule appointments, reschedule/cancel appointments as needed, and email/mail tax clients.
- Manage voice mails in an organized, efficient, and timely manner by either returning the call to schedule/reschedule a tax appointment or forwarding the calls to the appropriate person.
- Copy, fold, and assemble tax client information packets and input demographic information into our client management system.
- Develop a strong understanding of OnTrack WNC’s tax program and general services and be able to share this information with clients as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Personable and friendly attitude with a strong sense of professionalism and ability to remain calm in all situations.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize.
- Basic computer knowledge in a professional setting.
- Desire to learn about agency and its programs to best serve agency, clients, and the community.
Out of concern for vulnerable populations who we serve including those who are unable to vaccinate due to health reasons and based on feedback from our staff, OnTrack WNC strongly encourages employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before interacting with clients or coworkers. Once fully vaccinated, we offer our staff an incentive payment of $100.
Equity in our hiring process is important to us.
OnTrack WNC strives to foster leadership and raise the voices of underrepresented people, including, but not limited to, Black people and other people of color, Indigenous and Native peoples, LGBTQ+ and gender non-confirming people, disabled people, immigrants, and low-income people. We strongly encourage candidates of these, or other, backgrounds to apply.
Cover Letter and Resume: Cover letter must accompany the resume. In your cover letter:
- Tell us how you heard about the position.
- Make the connection between your job experience and what we are looking for.
- Tell us about your commitment to communities of color, racial equity, and/or experience within the Black community in North Carolina.
- Tell us why you are interested in the job.
Subject line: “Tax Client Service Representative Resume – Your Last Name”.
Submission: Email your cover letter and resume to Emily Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone or drop-in inquiries please.
- Sunday, December 4: Deadline for applications
- Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
- Friday, December 16: Final candidate selected and offered position
- Tuesday, January 3: Start date
- January 3-17: Orientation and Training (paid work time)
We look forward to hearing from you!