Jordan’s energy and initiative are the perfect combination for success. She’s a record holder! Just 6 months and 11 days after enrolling in Biltmore Passport to Property, Jordan purchased her home and became the program’s quickest graduate. Watch the video above to learn more about her journey to homeownership! - Jordan Barlow. OnTrack WNC Client of the Year 2018
Step 1: Homebuyer Education
If you are considering buying a home in the next year, Homebuyer Education is an invaluable investment that will provide you with a comprehensive foundation for the homebuying process. During our HUD-certified course you will:
- Learn the process of buying a home from A to Z;
- Get a better idea of where you stand in that process and what you need to do to achieve homeownership;
- Hear from local professionals including a realtor, inspector, lenders, and a closing attorney.
Classes are offered monthly in Asheville. Advanced registration is required. Register online for our next Homebuyer Education class.
Does the in-person Homebuyer Education schedule not work for you? If you don't live near Asheville or your schedule makes it impossible to attend our in-person Homebuyer Education, you can utilize our online homebuyer education course, which provides excellent information and the added convenience of self-paced learning.
Step 2: Receive Your Credit Report
Getting all three credit reports and scores and reviewing the information with an OnTrack WNC counselor will help you understand the mortgage options available to you based on your credit history. If necessary, you and your counselor can create an action plan with steps you can take toward improving your credit.
Step 3: Homebuyer Counseling
After attending Homebuyer Education, you'll attend a one-on-one homebuyer counseling session with one of our certified housing counselors. Working with the counselor you will:
- Learn how much home you can afford;
- Review your personal financial situation to create your homebuying plan;
- Understand how to improve your credit or pay down debt if necessary; and
- Receive comprehensive information about down payment assistance potentially available to you.
Online Homebuyer Education: $100
Homebuyer Counseling: FREE
Three Credit Reports and Three FICO Scores
- If Attending Homebuyer Education: $29.00
- If not Attending Homebuyer Education: $35.00
Ready for assistance? Call 828-255-5166 or click here to get started.
"I am a brand new real estate agent in the Asheville area...literally finished my class 6 weeks ago...and I learned more about the actual homebuying process in the first 15 minutes of this class than in 2 months of real estate school. This is an INVALUABLE program. Everyone should take it. Real estate agents, home buyers, home sellers, lenders, rich, poor. Everyone."
- Matt Lutz, OnTrack WNC Homebuyer Education participant