In response to COVID-19 we have suspended offering in-person classes and will be offering online classes instead. Bookmark this page as we update it with new online classes as they become available. We thank you for your patience and our hope is that these free, online classes can offer you support during this pandemic.
To stay up-to-date with our current offerings, join our e-news mailing list.
Pre-registration is required for all online classes. Register online by clicking on the title.
Live, Interactive Online Classes
Money Visioning & Goal Setting - Feeling stuck in your money life? Ready to start thinking about what you want to be different? In this live and interactive online class, you will get a clear picture of your money goals through an interactive visioning exercise. Then, you’ll learn how to create a realistic savings goal and plan the steps needed to reach it! You will leave this class with motivation and tools to start making your best money life a reality. This class is all about participation so come prepared with paper, pen (and maybe even crayons and markers if you have them) to jump start your learning. Sign up now.
- Wednesday, December 1 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 14 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
- Monday, January 10 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Thursday, January 20 from 12:00 to 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 25 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Assessing Your Insurance Needs - During this live and interactive online class, taught by State Farm representative Annie Burton, you will learn about basic insurance needs such as homeowners insurance, car insurance, life insurance, deductibles, out-of-pocket expenses and other aspects of being properly covered. This is a fantastic class to get yourself up to speed on how to best protect your assets. Sign up now.
- Tuesday, January 11 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Self-Paced, On Demand Classes
Start and stop these courses as needed for your schedule. These courses take an average of 2-3 hours to complete, but this varies from person to person. They are available online, anywhere, at any time.
During this self-paced, on-demand class, you will be introduced to the foundations of basic money management that will help to change your understanding of your personal financial life. This class will teach you how to:
- Create a realistic monthly budget.
- Save money regularly to pay for budget-busting expenses that always pop up (like getting new tires) and bigger savings goals like a family vacation.
- Build a personalized two-month emergency cash flow plan to make sure that you have the money on hand to pay your expenses and bills when they are due.
- Survive when you don’t have enough money to cover expenses by following six important steps.
Credit: How to Build and Repair Your Credit Score
During this pre-recorded class, you will find out what credit is and why it’s important, gain understanding about what affects your credit score, and learn of methods to build and repair your credit score.
Debt Payment During Uncertain Times
Financial uncertainty calls for a new approach to managing money and debts. In this pre-recorded class, we discuss how to use different debt repayment strategies when money is tight. We’ll look at hardship options for different types of debt (such as how to handle your car loan versus your credit card debt) and how to prioritize which debts to pay.
Homebuyer Education Online Course - Through eHome America (self-paced online class)
- Start and stop the course as needed for your schedule.
- You will learn about the roles that the realtor, lender, inspector, and closing attorney play but you will not hear from local professionals.
- Takes an average of 8 hours to complete but it varies widely.
- Available online anytime.
- $100 per household
Women's Financial Empowerment Center (WFEC) Classes
We currently do not have any WFEC classes scheduled. Please check back for future classes! Thanks!
All programming is FREE thanks to generous support from State Farm.
Thanks to our 2021 Adult Financial Education Program Sponsor