Overwhelmed by credit card debt? Create a plan!
- Credit cards maxed out?
- Struggling to make your credit card payments?
- Monthly late fees and high interest just adding to your debt?
We can help you create a plan to take control of your money. We review low-cost debt management solutions (including our Debt Management Plan below) that may lower interest, consolidate payments, and eliminate late fees and provide a free debt assessment to create a plan to pay down your debt. You'll leave with a plan that meets your goals and your budget.
Call our office at 255-5166 or 1-800-737-5485 to get started.
Step 1: Attend our Budgeting & Debt Class
In this class you will:
- Learn how income, expenses, and debt all affect a successful budget and gain tools to help you create a realistic budget.
- Discuss the array of options for managing your debt.
- Fill out paperwork that will prepare you for your appointment so you can get the most out of your time with your counselor.
Step 2: Debt Counseling
After attending our Budgeting & Debt class, you'll attend a one-on-one debt counseling session. Working with a certified financial counselor, you will:
- Create a budget to determine how much money you have available to put towards paying down debt.
- Be presented with a list of potential debt options particular to your unique situation; and
- Leave your appointment with manageable action steps regarding your debt.
OnTrack WNC offers a structured Debt Management Plan
Our Debt Management Program (DMP) helps clients get back on track with unsecured debt payments such as credit cards, unsecured lines of credit, and personal loans. Many clients appreciate just one monthly payment for their unsecured debt, and find it is easier to incorporate this predictable payment into their budget. After several months of regular, on-time DMP payments, many creditors offer concessions such as discontinuing late fees and reducing the interest rate. Also timely, consistent payments through the DMP can help you begin to rebuild your credit.
After meeting for your free assessment, if you decide to enroll in the DMP there is a one-time set up fee of $35.00 and a monthly maintenance fee of 10% of your total monthly payment, not to exceed $25.00.
Ready for assistance? Click here to get started. A counselor will respond to your online inquiry via email. (Note: Online worksheet will not function in Safari web browser.)
PLEASE NOTE: Our Debt Management Plan can only serve consumers living in Western North Carolina. If you are outside of our service area, please find another qualified consumer credit counseling agency by visiting the NFCC website.
Call 828-255-5166 to get started.
"Carrying debt was a weight I couldn't put down. I focused on holding my spending to 'needs' not 'wants' and started to see my credit card balances go down. I feel empowered by being debt free!"
- Julia Book, Successful Completion of Debt Management Program